Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Spicy Pizza Delight!
This BUFFALO CHICKEN PIZZA is inspired by one of my favorite children's book series, The Spiderwick Chronicles and Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi. In The Nixie's Song the kids eat a lot of pizza, and this Buffalo Chicken Pizza is on the menu!
Makes 1 12-inch pizza or 2 smaller pizzas
1 lb. pizza dough
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup hot sauce, plus more for drizzling
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Ranch seasoning mix
2 cups cooked cubed chicken
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn or sliced
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
¼ red onion, thinly sliced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Cornmeal, for pan
1. Preheat oven to 500°. Brush a large baking sheet with vegetable oil, and sprinkle with a layer of cornmeal.
2. Gently stretch ball of dough onto baking sheet.
3. Place butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted, 20–30 seconds. Whisk in hot sauce and garlic powder until combined. Pour half of the buffalo sauce over chicken and toss to coat.
4. Microwave the cream cheese until very soft and melty. Stir in the Ranch seasoning to combine. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough evenly. Then add half the mozzarella.
5. Add half the chicken on top of the cheese. Then top with remaining mozzarella. Finish with red onions.
6. Bake for 10–12 minutes or until the dough is golden and the cheese has melted.
Garnish with green onions and a drizzle of hot sauce if desired. Serve immediately